- The inductive proximity sensor uses the principle of electromagnetic radiation to detect or metallic objects.
- These sensors can work even in wet environments without failing.
- It creates an electromagnetic field when current is passed through it.
- Metals unlike plastics are able to disrupt this field, giving us the ability to detect metals.
- It can also be interfaced with microcontrollers such as the Arduino, ESP8266, ESP32 etc…
NB: It is most effective with ferrous metals
- Supply voltage: 5-36V DC
- Detection range: 0-4.4mm
- Wire colors:
- Body length:
Some of the applications include:
* metal detection
* proximity switches
* used in magnetic resonance imaging
* distance and position measurement