- The soil moisture sensor is commonly used in smart agriculture or other garden automation projects to measure the moisture content present in the soil.
- It consists of 4 pins in which two pins, Vcc and Gnd are connected to supply voltage the remaining two pins are digital and analog are the output pins.
- When the moisture content present in the soil goes beyond the threshold level, the output of the digital pin (D0) will go low (the output of the digital pin is either logic 0 or 1).
- The threshold value of the sensor module can be set by varying the onboard potentiometer.
- The analog output pin can be used to calculate the approximate level of moisture content present in the soil.
Features & Specifications
- Operating Voltage: 3.3V to 5V DC
- Operating Current: 15mA
- Output Digital – 0V to 5V, Adjustable trigger level from preset
- Output Analog – 0V to 5V based on infrared radiation from fire flame falling on the sensor
- LEDs indicating output and power
- PCB Size: 3.2cm x 1.4cm
- LM393 based design
- Easy to use with Microcontrollers or even with normal Digital/Analog IC
- Small, cheap and easily available